They were the 2011 World Champions but things have changed in these 4 years, some good and some bad. Though India holds a chance to win the World Cup but many Cricket Specialist believe that India doesn’t stand a chance this time. They have supported their opinions with reasons and based on them we have made a list of “5 Reasons Why India Might Not Win This World Cup.”
1. Poor Form:- India’s warm up match loss of 106 runs against Australia was enough to depict India’s current form. Our bowlers were unable to take wickets and our batsmen were no better.India earlier lost the Test series to Australia 2-0 while the side also failed to make it to the final of the tri-nation series which also featured Australia and England.
2. Lack Of Experience:- Indian selectors might be boasting about the young Indian Brigade but the team does lack the required experience. Yuvraj who was the star of previous World Cup has been rested, other players joining Yuvi’s Party are Virendra Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh. Current team includes majority of players who will be representing the Indian side for the first time and facing teams like Sri Lanka, Australia will be a tough one.
3. Australian and New Zealand Conditions:- Playing in India might be very comfortable for our batsmen but Australia and New Zealand are much different. The pitches are fast and the ball hardly comes onto the bat making batting like a catwalk for Indian Batsmen. In the past short balls have always troubled the Indian Batsmen and rival teams will take a note of that.
4. No Wicket Taker:- Pitches of Australia and New Zealand provide you the necessary pace that every bowler loves but Indian bowlers have failed to convert this opportunity into wickets. Indian bowlers are inconsistent in their line and length which is the main reason for their failure.
5. Tiredness:- Many players from the Indian squad have been playing continuously since 2 months and tiredness is hampering the fitness levels of the team. India has already suffered one shock with loosing the pace bowler Ishant Sharma and other players don’t seem to be in the best of their fitness levels.
Team India is not in the best of form and other rival teams do realise this, but we still hope that India makes a mark and brings the cup back for India. Ex-Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has already shared his opinion and said that it will be Australia who will be lifting the World Cup this year.
- The Hottest Phones Anticipated in 2018 - 5 January, 2018
- 4 Hottest Devices You Need to Gift This Christmas - 21 December, 2017
- 5 Features of Your Android Phone That Probably You Don’t Know - 8 December, 2017
- Record Android Smartphone Screen - 28 November, 2017
- Your Phone: Fake or Original ? 4 Amazing Tips to Check - 17 November, 2017