In the recent I/O conference organized by Google, a lot many gadgets and upgrades were introduced. The Android One program was certainly a much needed addition which has not opened up opportunities for manufacturers to develop budget friendly android phones with the stock version of the operating system.
Google is currently working with manufacturers in India for developing and launching a budget smartphone (under $100) by fall this year. The major partners for this program include Micromax, Spice and Karbonn. All of these vendors have certainly brought out some amazing phones with great features that go easy on your pocket.
During the I/O conference, Sundar Pichai (Google Vice President), showcased what appeared to be a Micromax phone with a 4.5-inch display, dual-SIM and a SD card. The details about this phone, however, are still not known. There have been a lot of speculations going around but at the end of the day, these are just wild guesses. However, a recent tweet allegedly claims that Micromax One (the new budget friendly smartphone developed under the Android One program) could have the following specifications:
- CPU: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 (2x A7) processor
- Display: 4.5” qHD Display with a resolution of 960 x 540 and pixel density of 244 ppi
- Camera: 5 MP (Rear Camera) and FWVGA (Front Camera – 854×480) and video capturing at 30 fps.
- SIM Support: Dual SIM
- Storage: External microSD Memory Card
- Misc. Features: FM Radio
- Colour Variants: White / Black
These specifications, along with the Android OS, will definitely make this device one of the most anticipated smartphones to hit the market in quite a while. If Google is able to position this product properly with justified pricing, then it could be a bestseller. As per claims, the price of the device is expected to be somewhat $100 or less which roughly translates to INR 6000.
Now the closest competitor that we can think of is the Motorola E which was received rather well due to its really affordable price. When you can get a decent phone with great features, such as the Motorola E, at such an affordable rate, then why would you still stick around with cheap mobile devices that still run on outdated software?
The Micromax One and the Motorola E have almost similar features and once the phone is released by this fall (as expected), then it would be interesting to compare these devices. As of now, we need to wait for a proper confirmation on these features, but somehow these alleged specs seem to be convincing enough. What do you think?
- Gadgets That Will Make The Perfect Gift For Fathers Day - 11 June, 2018
- How To Schedule Whatsapp Messages On Your Android - 27 April, 2018
- 10 Trending Android Phone Accessories For 2018 - 20 April, 2018
- How To Get Back Your Android Phone Once If You Forget The Password - 10 April, 2018
- 6 Amazing Google Maps Tips That You Probably Never Knew - 28 March, 2018