Blackberry has entered into a partnership of sorts with the e-commerce website, Infibeam, for bringing out its new limited-period only Loyalty Program on select Blackberry 10 smartphones for its users in India. This partnership will not only lead to monetary benefits being provided to the customers in terms of discounts, but they would also receive assured frequent flyer miles via JetPrivilege. Additionally, they also stand a chance to win 50,000 JPMiles on the purchase of select Blackberry 10 smartphones.
The discount is available on its flagship devices such as BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Z3 and newly launched BlackBerry Classic. However, in order to avail the benefits, the customers need to make the purchase on Infibeam. Other benefits being provided with these devices include:
- On purchasing Blackberry Z3, you will get 1 GB free data (valid for 2 months)
- On purchasing Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Classic or BlackBerry Passport, you will get 2 GB free data (valid for 2 months)
- Additional discounts worth INR 10,000 can be availed on the purchase of select Blackberry 10 smartphones.
Amar Thomas, Marketing Head, BlackBerry India, said, “We are excited to announce the BlackBerry loyalty program for customers in India. The uptake of our BlackBerry 10 smartphones among Indian customers has been encouraging and we believe that through this unique program, customers will be able to take advantage of the powerful BlackBerry 10 platform that comes with amazing refinements post our latest software release.”
“We are happy to introduce Blackberry unique Loyalty Program for Indian customers exclusively on Infibeam. Blackberry is one of the most popular smartphone brand in India and we believe there will be huge participation from existing and new Infibeam customers,” added Mrs. Neeru Sharma, Director Corporate Development, Infibeam.
The Royalty Program would be in existence till 31st May. Apparently Blackberry has brought out this limited period loyalty program to ensure that customers are able to leverage the best of the BlackBerry 10 platform and smartphones for heightened productivity. Blackberry had lost out its previous market share to new contenders in the smartphone industry, especially brands like Xiaomi, Micromax, Apple and (to some extent) Samsung. This could be Blackberry’s attempt to regain its market share and reassure customers about the quality of the brand’s products as well as services.
- IIT Kharagpur Students Have Developed “Smart” Underwater Robots Called “The KRAKEN” - 12 May, 2015
- Researchers at Houston Create Camera Lenses That Can Turn Your Smartphone into Microscopes - 8 May, 2015
- Blackberry Partners with Infibeam to Launch a Limited-Period Only Loyalty Program for Blackberry 10 Smartphones - 6 May, 2015