I have seen many users being disgusted about certain kind of websites. If you do not want a particular website appear, then you can make changes by setting your computer not to accept any request from that site. This can be done without the use of software. Here is how you can make this happen.
For Windows System
1. The first thing that you might want to do is locate the ‘HOSTS’ file of your system.
- If your computer is NT based, the location would be “C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc”.
- If non-NT based, then the location is “C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.”
2. If you do not find any such file in your computer, there is nothing to panic, as you can create one immediately.
- After reaching the location that has been mentioned above, all you need to do is choose the ‘File’ tab.
- From the menu, you need to choose the ‘New’ option and then ‘Text Document’.
- Name the file ‘HOSTS’, but do not add ‘.txt’ extension.
3. Now, you need to launch the HOSTS file with the Notepad. Right click on the file and select the ‘Notepad’ option followed by choosing ‘Ok’.
4. Once the file has opened, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the file, where you will see ‘127.0.0.1’ address. Next to this address, you need to type the name of the site that you want to be blocked.
You may also like to read this =>
5. Save the file by choosing the ‘File’ tab and then, ‘Save’ option from the menu.
Now, the unwanted website will not disturb you anymore.
Robert R. is an avid guest blogger who writes on behalf of My Tech Gurus. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with the everyday computer user, by helping them with common errors, especially Windows installer errors and slow computer problems. Check out his articles at the Mytechgurus blog.
- Gadgets That Will Make The Perfect Gift For Fathers Day - 11 June, 2018
- What is A.I. and How Would Change The Near Future - 18 May, 2018
- How To Schedule Whatsapp Messages On Your Android - 27 April, 2018
- 10 Trending Android Phone Accessories For 2018 - 20 April, 2018
- How To Get Back Your Android Phone Once If You Forget The Password - 10 April, 2018