The latest iOS update 7.1.2 (number 11D257) which was released by Apple recently was reported to have a freezing issue. The update was released for all variants of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, retina iPad mini and iPod touch 5G). Apple had reportedly provided the update to its employees in May as a testing measure. Soon after the build was provided to the carrier partners for commercial release.
Along with security and bug fixes, the update provides improvements that include:
- iBeacon connectivity and stability improvements
- Fixing of bug affecting data transfer for some third party components.
- Facility for scanning bar codes
- Correction of issues concerning data protection classes for mail attachments.
When users tried to download the update, the device simply hanged and got stuck at 1/3rd download progress. The average time for which the device remained stuck was one hour. This can get really irritating as the issue does not resolve by itself and you could end up trying multiple times for downloading the update in hopes of getting the new features on your device soon.
Here is how you fix it. (Do this if you get stuck at the screen)
1. Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for several seconds until the screen goes dark.
2. As soon as the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and wait.
3. The device should now boot into its normal mode.
4. Once the device has booted, you can check the version of the OS by navigating to “Settings” and then going to “General”. From here, if you click on the “About” tab, you will be directed to a list of the phone’s specifications. When you check the OS version, you should be able to see that it has been updated to iOS 7.1.2
So do not worry if you are facing the “freezing issue”. It only takes a few minutes or less to resolve it and at the end of it, you get the latest features on your Apple device. If any of you are facing this issue and have found some other novel method for resolving this, then do share with us.
- Your Phone: Fake or Original ? 4 Amazing Tips to Check - 17 November, 2017
- Tricks to Win The Top Trending Non-Racing Mobile Games of 2017 - 15 November, 2017
- Top 5 Health and Fitness Gadgets You Need in 2017 - 17 October, 2017
- 5 Amazing Racing Games For Your Android Phone - 6 October, 2017
- Will Your Smartphone Get an Android Update? - 14 September, 2017