Amidst all of the recent hype behind the release of budget smartphones (with high features), smartphone users have turned their attention back to major manufacturers. Samsung plans to launch its Galaxy Alpha smartphone in India on the 27th of September.
Now the thing that is making people anxious is that this phone could be the same Alpha phone that Samsung has released in the international market and so it would have its metal casing. The use of metal in the construction of the body of the phone is a rare occurrence in Samsung’s smartphones, especially when the company does not consider using it even for its premium offerings. This assumption has been given a nudge by Samsung’s recent invite which stated that they would be launching a “Next-Gen StylePhone”.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Alpha
The following features would be available in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone.
- Processor:Exynos 5 Octa 5430 processor (1.8GHz quad-core Cortex A51 + 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex A7
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Storage:32 GB Internal Storage
- Display:4.7-inch 1280x 720 Super AMOLED display
- Camera:12 MP (Rear) and 2.1 MP (Front).
- OS:Android KitKat 4.4.4
- Battery:1860 mAh battery
The “Metal Frame”
Galaxy Alpha is the first phone in Samsung’s offerings to get a metal frame. Note 4 is the second one to get it. However, none of them have a metallic back cover. Samsung has made sure that the back cover remains plastic. The metal frame is expected to provide enhanced safety and durability to the phone. This is a much needed feature for phones in India where people tend to become a bit careless with their smartphones so the added protection would be a welcome modification to the smartphone’s design. However, things will only become crystal clear once the phone is released so we have to wait till then to find out the actual worth of this product.
Check out this video in the meantime and share your views and opinions with us.
- Cool And Fashionable Gadgets For Women - 2 January, 2017
- Top 10 smartphones that are to be launched in 2017 - 28 December, 2016
- Top Smartphones With The Best Cameras - 7 December, 2016
- Black Friday Deal – Save 30% on Personal Care Products - 6 December, 2016
- Save BIG On Cyber Monday Deals - 28 November, 2016