Samsung will just not back down even in the presence of powerful competitors such as the Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+. Over the past couple of months, there have been intense rumours about the 5th edition of Samsung’s flagship phone, the Galaxy Note 5. While no one has been able to provide a concrete depiction of the design, features or the release date, Christian Today reported that “the Korea-based company is planning to launch the next Galaxy Note with its next flagship wearable. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is expected to be revealed at this year’s IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung) Berlin consumer products.”
The launch was expected to happen somewhere around September this year. However, the growing market of iPhone users and the weakening grasp of Samsung, may have driven the company to bring out the phone sooner. The Galaxy Note series has been one of the most successful offerings by Samsung and it definitely has the potential to enable the company to make a much needed comeback.
Possible Features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Source: note5galaxy)
If speculations were to be believed then the Note 5 would have the following specs:
- Processor: A new Exynos octa-core processor (Exynos 7420 or Exynos 7 Chipset) that integrates CPU, GPU, RAM and storage on a single chip
- Display: 5.9 inch / 5.5 inch / 5.4 inch display with QHD / 4k resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels, 784.85 PPI)
- Camera: 20 MP (rear) isocell camera with Optical Image Stabilization (ois) on a F/1.8 aperture lens, and 4k video recording support; 8 MP (front camera)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or 3 GB RAM LPDDR3 DRAM
- Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB (expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card)
- OS: Android Lollipop (out of the box), upgradeable to Android M
- Battery: 4,100 mAh battery (non-removable), wireless charging could be provided along with this.
- Misc.: Fingerprint Scanner, Knox Security Solution, upgraded S-Pen
No official confirmations or announcements have been received from the company, but things have definitely been set in motion. Nonetheless, if Samsung does bring out the phone before the IFA, then it would be breaking traditional practice of launching this flagship device before the IFA opening. This device could be the game changer for the company which managed to achieve 40% market share in the country but still lost to Apple in the global market. When this device is revealed, it would certainly introduce a new level of competitive dynamics in the Indian smartphone market.
- Indian Government Refuses Apple’s Plan of Selling Refurbished iPhones in the Country - 17 May, 2016
- Download WhatsApp for Desktop Right Now! - 11 May, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – March 23, 2016 - 23 March, 2016
- Accessory Update: Detachable QWERTY Keyboard for the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ - 19 August, 2015
- Brace Yourself for Android 6.0 “Marshmallow” - 18 August, 2015