Ever since the 4G spectrum was introduced in Indian metros, people have been looking forward to the integration of the 4G facility on smartphones. It seems that Samsung has understood the demands of the customers and in response to the rising requests for 4G enabled handsets, the company has come out with a 4G version for its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5. As per sources, the new model would prove to be rather expensive with a price tag of Rs 53,500.
Some of the features for the 4G version would be similar to the 3G variant, but the distinctive features for the new smartphone include:
- Qualcomm 8974 Pro 2.5 Ghz processor
- Supports Eight 4G LTE bands support
- Advanced Camera (HDR mode, Selective Focus)
- IP67 protection (Dust and Water Resistant)
- Ultra Power Saving Mode (24 hours standby time with 10% battery)
- Download Booster
- Wi-Fi MIMO
- Available in Copper Gold, Charcoal Black and Shimmery White colour variants
The device does have another key feature, the download booster, which would apparently allow users to access both 4G and Wi-FI simultaneously. In simple terms, users can get super high connectivity with this cohesive booster feature. With such integrations, buffer and delays will be a long forgotten occurrence.
Currently, Airtel and more recently Aircel, have been authorized to provide 4G bandwidth to the customers. They are working hard to ensure adequate coverage for pan India implementation in the days to come. In keeping with this growth, Samsung and Airtel have tied up and are making a special data offer to Samsung S5 customers. This offer states that existing as well as new Airtel 4G subscribers would be entitled to 5GB 4G data/month free for 2 months.
While this may seem all fancy and appealing, we would personally suggest you not to make a move as Samsung is known for reducing its prices after a certain period. So it would be worthwhile for you to wait it out for the prices of the 4G variant to come down. Alternatively, you could check out several budget smartphones that are being released by brands like Micromax, Gionee and Asus. If their products receive adequate reception, then the 4G integration in their smartphones in not distant. The device will be available in India from 20th July. Stay updated to catch an in-depth review of this phone by our experts as soon as it is launched.
- Gadgets That Will Make The Perfect Gift For Fathers Day - 11 June, 2018
- What is A.I. and How Would Change The Near Future - 18 May, 2018
- How To Schedule Whatsapp Messages On Your Android - 27 April, 2018
- 10 Trending Android Phone Accessories For 2018 - 20 April, 2018
- How To Get Back Your Android Phone Once If You Forget The Password - 10 April, 2018