Google Maps is a must have tool for everyone, especially those who have a difficult time navigating from one place to another. The destination / path may either be typed or spoken so that it may provide the directions (often with viable alternatives). It has helped many people find their way to their destinations without having to bear the hassles of asking around or being confined to a GPS unit in a car. With the app, you can easily find your way around as long as you have a smartphone or a computer / laptop.
Google has now come out with a new feature for Google Maps where users can send directions from the Chrome web browser (computer) to a handheld device. Why did Google bring this feature? With this feature, users can now plan out their entire route and travel plan before leaving on the journey. All the routes and places can be planned in advance and sent to the handheld device so that no confusions remain while travelling.
The process is quite simple and is similar to the regular “searching” method used for finding information on Google.
- Just type in send directions in the Chrome omnibox and add the final point.
- Select the ‘Send directions to my phone’ option
The directions would now be sent to your connected device and Google Maps will provide the navigations for the selected source – destination pair. But for this to work out, you need to have Google Maps installed on your hand held device and you need to be signed in to your google account. The feature is not accessible in India as of now, but it could be expected to roll out soon. We need to wait till the feature actually comes out in the country to understand its implications.
- Gadgets That Will Make The Perfect Gift For Fathers Day - 11 June, 2018
- What is A.I. and How Would Change The Near Future - 18 May, 2018
- How To Schedule Whatsapp Messages On Your Android - 27 April, 2018
- 10 Trending Android Phone Accessories For 2018 - 20 April, 2018
- How To Get Back Your Android Phone Once If You Forget The Password - 10 April, 2018