With the spectacular reveal of Samsung’s Galaxy S7 series, Galaxy S6 has become old news. Samsung debuted its new Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge devices at an event held in Barcelona. Both the models sports top notch features while offering some additional exciting features. This is definitely a major upgrade from the previous variants.
In the Galaxy S6 series, Samsung introduced some major design changes such as choosing the metal and glass body over plastic, etc. It looks like Samsung is quite happy with their decision and it just might work in their favour. A similar design has been retained for the S7 series as well.
Well, it seems like Samsung has greatly improvised their Galaxy Range with the latest Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. Both devices are carrying all the looks and sleek design of Galaxy S6 series and bringing back some of the much-missed features as well.
If you are thinking of upgrading to a new device, these 5 features of Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge will help you to make up your mind.
Let’s have a look at the top 5 features of Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
1. Welcome Back Expandable Storage
Samsung announced it’s new flagship phone with a hybrid dual-SIM tray which can be used to insert two SIM cards at a time or one SIM card and one microSD card. This will definitely impress smartphone users, especially those who use Samsung devices.
The return of a microSD slot means that you don’t have to rely on your phone’s internal memory anymore. All the data can be safely stored on the microSD card. Samsung has also given the option to add another 200GB of storage.
2. It’s Waterproof
The new Samsung flagship devices are certified with the IP68 rating which means both the models are water and dust resistance. This feature was not present in the Galaxy S6. Thanks to the added layer of protection, Samsung might be able to attract more customers and regain market share.
3. Night Will Not be a Reason for Bad Photos Anymore
The previous flagship device by Samsung had a 16 MP camera which takes great photos and videos. But greater pixels density clearly does not result in better pictures. All Samsung Galaxy S6 users found that low light pictures captured by their devices were mostly blurred and lacked clarity.
In order to resolve this issue, Samsung has switched back to a 12 MP camera and improved the image capturing quality. Samsung is further improving its phone’s photo and video capturing abilities with “Dual Pixel sensors”.
The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge come equipped with a 12 MP Dual Pixels rear camera.Now that the pixels are larger and the aperture can open wider, the company has assured that the camera can capture 95 percent more light. The auto-focus has gotten faster too as the sensor uses 100 percent of its pixels to focus.
4. You have Water Inside Your Device! Yes, That’s a New Feature, It’s a Water Cooler.
Samsung has added a cool feature to its new flagship device. Water cooling is a system which keeps the device cool against the heat generated by any kind of CPU by redistributing heat via the internal tube of water. The latest flagship devices will have a “water cooler” to make sure that all heating issues are resolved. Thanks to this addition, we can expect some serious high-end performance from these devices.
5. It is Always On
This feature allows the user to check time, date, missed call details and notifications without having to wake up the smartphone. This might sound like a battery life nightmare. But thankfully Samsung has added one more feature to support this. The phone automatically switches the display off after being in a pocket or bag for one minute.Samsung has also assured that this feature uses just 1% of the device’s average daily battery usage.
- Processor: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 + quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- Display: 5.1 inches Super AMOLED, 1440×2560, 16M colors
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 32/64 GB expandable to 200 GB
- Camera: Primary (12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm) Secondary (5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm)
- Connectivity: Wi-F: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot,
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE, apt-X
- OS: Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 152 g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, microSD card)
- Colour Variants: Black, White, Gold, Silver
- LG G5 Review – Step towards Advancement - 15 April, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – April 15, 2016 - 15 April, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – April 14, 2016 - 14 April, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – April 11, 2016 - 11 April, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – April 08, 2016 - 8 April, 2016