As shared by Zee News India, “Mobile users will pay less for roaming from Friday (1st May, 2015) as leading operators, including Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and RCom, slashed their roaming rates by up to 75 percent weeks after regulator TRAI cut ceiling tariffs.” Do not be excited by the “up to 75%” reduction in tariff as the actual reduction is upto 40% for call rates and up to 75% for SMS while roaming.
The reduction in the rates will be applicable for both local as well as STD calls. The revisions in tariff include,
- All outgoing call rates have been reduced from Re. 1/minute to 80paise/minute.
- The call rates for STD calls have also been revised from Rs 1.5/minute to Rs 1.15/minute.
- Cost per SMS (local) has been revised from Rs. 1 to 25 paise.
- Cost per SMS (national / STD) has been revised from Rs. 1.50 to 38 paise.
Vodafone’s Special Roaming Tariff Plan for prepaid and post-paid users
Vodafone has also made changes in its incoming free packs for both prepaid and Post-paid customers. Check out the revised tariffs below. According to this, users can pay a fixed charge and get the benefit of incoming free packs and free incoming voice calls while roaming.
Vodafone’s revised incoming-free packs for prepaid and post-paid users
Vodafone is one of the largest telecom service providers in the world with over 440 million subscribers and approx. 12 million fixed broadband customers in various global regions. This move would really be appreciated by the users who have been dissatisfied with the high rates and the lack of flexibility in the packs. Maybe the telecom service provider will also bring out unlimited night calling plans, in line with the recent Unlimited calling plans launched by Airtel and BSNL. Only time will reveal the truth.
- Indian Government Refuses Apple’s Plan of Selling Refurbished iPhones in the Country - 17 May, 2016
- Download WhatsApp for Desktop Right Now! - 11 May, 2016
- Latest Technology News of The day – March 23, 2016 - 23 March, 2016
- Accessory Update: Detachable QWERTY Keyboard for the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ - 19 August, 2015
- Brace Yourself for Android 6.0 “Marshmallow” - 18 August, 2015